High Speed Design
While a few decades ago the field of signal and power integrity was relevant to only those working in cutting-edge fields of electronics engineering, such as designers of telecommunication equipment or backplanes, today it can hardly be ignored. With even general-purpose applications relying on fast processors, wide bandwidth memories and high speed interfaces, today’s advanced designs can no longer ignore this field of engineering. When signal reflections, high frequency losses, propagation timing, crosstalk and power distribution are not considered, even the most carefully designed circuit is threatened by poor performances or even a complete lack of functionality.
We can contribute to the success of your project by assisting you at several levels of product development: we can advice on the system design, to help avoiding unnecessary problems while still not affecting the performance; we can design the optimal stack-up solution which would meet all the high-speed demands without adding too many constraints to the layout designer; we can simulate the high speed interfaces to provide guidelines for PCB design, customized to your project and your requirements, so you won’t need to navigate on a sea of generic and often contradictory “tips & tricks”; we can analyze your completed PCB design, either by doing a simple review or by detailed simulations of the most demanding interfaces, so you won’t have to spend money and time manufacturing a prototype just to find some issues which could have been detected earlier.
We provide a complete design a concept-to-validation design flow that significantly reduces the risks for additional redesign loops and prototyping costs.
Design and simulation services
- High speed interface simulation and routing constraints definition (pre-layout)
- Post-layout signal integrity analysis
- Timing analysis, worst case timing margin
- Power integrity post-layout analysis
- 3D interconnect modeling (connectors, FPC, custom interconnect structures)
- Stack-up design
Compliance and characterization services
- PCB Characterization: TDR impedance measurements and VNA s-parameter measurements
- PCB controlled impedance check (stack-up validation)
- Frequency domain component characterization and modeling
- S-parameter mask data channel compliance check
- High speed interface compliance measurements (DDR2/3, SATA, PCIe….)
- JEDEC based pre-compliance testing